View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Antemortem
don't touch my eggs

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you, but then at the back of my mind there is this little voice which says that it's good to get pushed out of your comfort zone. Like with the last Twilight movie they, briefly, made you think things weren't going to go the way you thought they were going to go and the movie was better (relatively) for changing that from the book.
Sure, sure, small alterations such as that are fine in my eyes, as they add a little flavor to the film, but it's also just that; a little flavor. It's not too much, and it's not too little that it's just a mirror image of the novel. It makes the audience feel like they are truly apart of a familiar-feeling adaptation of their favorite book, while at the same time giving it something that will make it more memorable than just what I said before, a mirror image of the novel.

Speaking of which, that was one fine twist that was added!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Most of the time people treat the book like a sacred cow and stay as literal to the book as possible, which is usually a good thing, but sometimes I feel that there are elements that would be better if changed or altered. The Lord of The Rings comes to mind, in a few scenes. The book isn't immaculate.
Some consider it a cardinal sin to not stay completely illiberal during the creation of the adaptation, haha.

Breeder Dave wants to battle!
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014