View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013 (12:48 PM).
Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
<insert witty eloquence here>
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 10,913
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I know that depending on where we live we say cookie or biscuit, but I've always wondered what people in the UK and elsewhere call these:


Muffins? Rolls? Pastries? What?
I don't think those are really available in the UK, Scarfy. It looks like a scone, as Drakow points out, but from examining the Wikipedia page, a scone and an American biscuit are quite different things. I guess I'd just call it an American biscuit, if push came to shove.