View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
The front sprite uses normal palettes and the backsprite (in unlz.gba) uses the shiny palette. When you import a new sprite, you are changing the palette (even if it's the same image, you're changing around which color goes first in the palette order) so instead of "blue green orange yellow" it becomes "yellow orange green blue"-- all of the blues in the original become yellow, all of the green's become orange, etc. even if the same colors were used.

There are other tools out there that specifically specialize in inserting front and back sprites (Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor, for example) and unlz.gba tends to mess up people when it comes to palettes.
You mean that if i insert my stuff with wichu's sprite editor the palette will not get messed up? ill test it later, thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
The front sprite uses normal palettes and the backsprite (in unlz.gba) uses the shiny palette. When you import a new sprite, you are changing the palette (even if it's the same image, you're changing around which color goes first in the palette order) so instead of "blue green orange yellow" it becomes "yellow orange green blue"-- all of the blues in the original become yellow, all of the green's become orange, etc. even if the same colors were used.

There are other tools out there that specifically specialize in inserting front and back sprites (Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor, for example) and unlz.gba tends to mess up people when it comes to palettes.
Not working, can you tell me how do i fix the pallette or a working and tested video on how to fix this problem?

And if someone else wants to help me with this

Please help!

When i import my front pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, it goes alright.
But when i import my back pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, when i test it ingame, the palette gets automatically messed up, any helps?

Last edited by giradialkia; February 21st, 2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Don't abuse text sizes, please.