Thread: Underated Bands
View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013 (2:55 PM). Edited February 21st, 2013 by Ludger.
k r e s n i k
Super ModeratorCS
Nature: Timid
Mumford And Sons pre-award winning. I feel like they were well known, but for literally having album of the year they got little to no radio play and never featured on any kind of spotlight like some artists today are. Babel is phenomenal and thats coming from a rapper
They really do deserve some radio play. Legit, almost all the stuff on the radio, at least here anyway, is just pop music. I like pop music, but I also like diversity and I'd like to hear other stuff like Mumford and Sons and some other genres. But eh. Not what the majority of people want, it seems.

Anyway, I know they might not be too underrated anymore, but I'm going to say The Lumineers. I feel like all people know is Ho Hey and then that's gonna disappear off the radar and yeah. I mean...get the album. It's amazing. One song isn't enough to describe them.

Older Kings of Leon is really good and underrated too. I suppose it is because of the more "rough" sound than the latest two albums, namely the one that put them on the map on the radio and such. I remember when Only By the Night was still the latest album, my friend was like, "What's with this arena rock?!" baha. I like OBTN, but I think it's their weakest album. But of course, it has the singles that caught public eye (go away Use Somebody) and really, people should invest in the previous three albums to that one. I feel like Come Around Sundown, the album after OBTN, got thrown under the bus too. It's my favorite of their five albums and if all you've heard is Radioactive and Pyro, you're missing out on some treasures like Mary, Pickup Truck, and The Immortals. None of that generic arena rock sound. :P
go create your perfect world
trade | challenges | vgm |