View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2013 (5:53 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2013 by 27thColt.
The Water Nerd Guy
Nature: Brave
Sorry,too late.

Mr.Mime was introduced BEFORE gender was introduced in Gen 2.If you change the gender ratio of Mr.Mime in Gen 6, and still have the ability to import from Black/White/Black2/White2 to X/Y and you import a girl Mr.Mime,you will get bugs or the game might crash.You should've said that to Game Freak 13 years earlier in 2000.

Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
Compared to the Machop line... barely . BTW, Machop can also be any gender.

English names have absolutely no bearing on whether a Pokémon can be only a male, a female or either one, because they are given to Pokémon long after the Pokémon is created and fully defined. Japanese names might.

And apparently, neither does appearance. For instance, during Gen 1, all my friends were convinced all Goldeen were female and became male during evolution in Seaking (BTW, not that far-fetched a theory, some fish can actually change their gender, but I digress) . Then Gen 2 came around, proving both Pokémon could be of either gender.
I agree with you.Game Freak made pokemon like this because they wanted to have pokemon that would appeal to both genders.

Sometimes,i refer them as "he" or "she" depending on which pokemon instead of "it".

Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Could say the same for KINGdra, it happens a lot in Pokemon.
well what about in Japanese versions?
ok well,Kingdra has that name in Japanese also but other pokemon like geodude.

geodude in Japanese is Isitsubute.Our language doesn't have to affect how other people in the word see these pokemon.