Thread: Event Love in the Clouds!
View Single Post
Old Posted February 23rd, 2013 (04:51 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Fourth update! Eek, only about four days left! I've been so distracted lately (thanks for that, Fire Emblem: Awakening... ¬_¬). Anyways, I've just gotten my eighth badge; here are some important-ish details I can remember:
Spoiler:
-Battled Cheren outside Twist Mountain, and Alder gave us HM03 - Surf.
-Passed through Twist Mountain and found ourselves in Icirrus City.
-Found out Audino could learn Surf, so taught it to Passion. Would've been pretty useful in Twist Mountain, but Dig sufficed. Anyways, we cleared Route 8 and the Moor of Icirrus before entering the gym.
-Brycen wasn't a particularly difficult gym battle. Magenta (Munna) was able to take down Vanillish with Hypnosis, Calm Mind, and Psychic. But it wasn't quite enough damage against Beartic, so Magenta fainted from Icicle Crash. Cadeau (Pignite) swept the rest with Flame Charge and Brick Break, I believe, earning us the Freeze Badge. That makes seven! ^-^

-In Dragonspiral Tower, we met the last member of our team, Soul the Golett taking the position of "The Duo." The first Golett fainted because I overestimated my attack, so we ended up with the second one, which has... Klutz. >_< Would've definitely preferred Iron Fist, but oh well, I'll take on the added challenge! Also, I couldn't pass up the silly opportunity to have a fourth Brave member on the team (but this time, it's actually a great nature).
-Scaled Dragonspiral Tower and ventured through the Relic Castle before I'm sent to Opelucid for information on Zekrom.
-Now that Soul's in my party, I did my usual world exploration with Surf. (I'm way too OCD about getting everything I can to do a speed run, haha!) Hey, the Thunderbolt and Rock Slide TMs could be useful! ^-^ And that got Soul caught up to the rest of the team in terms of levels, and it also evolved at some point.
-Once again, Bianca's appearance outside the Tubeline Bridge startled me. >_< This was actually a tough-ish battle! Solely because of that Serperior... Coil + Overgrow + Leaf Blade is deadly. Pear (Maractus) significantly weakened it, activating Overgrow... Fortunately, it later activated Cadeau's (Pignite) Blaze, so we were able to finish it off, despite the rain.
-Made our way over to Opelucid City and cleared Route 10 as well. In the process, I evolved Magenta into a Musharna. I also agonized over the decision of whether or not to teach Leaf Storm to Sydian (Petilil). In the end, I didn't.
-Given the slight trouble I've had with Fraxure, I was a bit worried about the Iris battle. However... I was really lucky and won the Legend Badge in a flawless victory! I led with Magenta and tried to put her Fraxure to sleep with Hypnosis. It missed, allowing Fraxure to set up with two Dragon Dances (very, very worrying). The second Hypnosis hit its mark, and I used the time to set up with two Calm Minds, hoping that she wouldn't wake up. Then, Quick Claw activated, allowing me to hit with a Stored Power that was at effectively 200 base power even without STAB! Druddigon also fell to a Quick Claw Stored Power, and Haxorus didn't even require Quick Claw to activate. So, OHKOs to all!

-Professor Aurea Juniper pointed us towards the League and gave us a Master Ball, which I'm probably just gonna use on Zekky because I don't want to put in the extra effort to weaken it. >_<

The team so far:
Spoiler:
The Gift

Cadeau (Male Pignite, Naive, Somewhat vain, Lv. 48)
Blaze, @Shell Bell
157/125/75/89/65/89
-Flame Charge
-Flamethrower
-Brick Break
-Head Smash

The Pink

Magenta (Female Musharna, Brave, Thoroughly cunning, Lv. 48)
Synchronize, @Quick Claw
186/81/95/124/107/47
-Stored Power
-Hypnosis
-Calm Mind
-Charge Beam
~First place in the "A Sweet Soirée" musical show!

The Attraction

Passion (Male Audino, Brave, Likes to fight, Lv. 47)
Regenerator, @BrightPowder
160/89/92/68/96/62
-Secret Power
-Blizzard
-Attract
-Surf

The Valentine

Sydian (Female Petilil, Brave, Often dozes off, Lv. 47)
Chlorophyll, @Eviolite
117/72/70/83/64/40
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Growth

The Flower

Pear (Male Maractus, Bashful, Somewhat of a clown, Lv. 47)
Water Absorb, @Miracle Seed
133/105/79/113/68/84
-Giga Drain
-Aerial Ace
-Petal Dance
-Sucker Punch

The Duo

Soul (Genderless Golurk, Brave, Likes to thrash about, Lv. 47)
Klutz, @Macho Brace
145/166/86/63/91/62
-Earthquake
-Strength
-Shadow Punch
-Gyro Ball

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris