View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:53 PM
wolf
on reduced activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
So I've been feeling this for a long time, and I think I've found a good way to deal with this issue. Because the server isn't exclusive to PC, many other users join the server, and a lot of times they don't speak english. The way it seems to be dealt with, which is something along the lines of, "please speak english here" "speak english, first warning" or even just being straight up muted, doesn't seem right to me. <snip>
First off, I'm sorry for not replying to this sooner, but I don't think this requires a rule change. Instead, a new command ("!eng" or "!english") will be implemented once the server is back up. By using it, it simply broadcasts this message:

Quote:
Please speak only English in this chat. You may speak in other languages only through PMs (click on a username to see the PM option). You will be muted if you do not comply.
- Use Google Translate if you cannot read this.
- PC Battle Server Rules
I don't think any further explanation is required, because they'll be lucky enough just to understand that short message (considering translators aren't always the most accurate). Hopefully this will be more convenient than typing the same message over and over.