View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Giratina's a Basilisk btw.
If they do a Bug/Dragon I imagine it to look something like Grima from Fire Emblem Awakening, that thing looks quite bug like for a Dragon.

Perhaps neither of them will have a type advantage over the other unlike Charzard versus Venusaur (or Blastoise over Charzard), and Kyogre over Groudon. I believe they left it out in Gen IV as neither space or time is better, and same with Yin and Yang which aren't enemies, those being interlinked while the starter mascots had the rivally going on, and water on earth exceeds the land. If that's why than I'll suggest they make them neutral against one another to prevent the unfortunate implication that X chromosome beats Y or vise versa. However if they do, than make X the stronger one...jk.
You're right, Grima would make a MUCH better Bug/Dragon type.

If Xerneas is Psychic/Steel and Yveltal is Dark/Flying, neither will have a type advantage. Steel has normal effectiveness against Yveltal and psychic has no effect, dark has normal effectiveness against Xerneas and flying is not very effective against it, so they are both balanced out.
Bug/Dragon could be a problem though, as flying type moves (Yveltal's type) are super effective against it, whereas bug and dragon do normal damage against Yveltal. Of course, they could balance this out by giving the Bug/Dragon a higher base stat total.

I should put up a picture of Grima so you all know what I'm talking about.

I should put up a picture of Grima so you all know what I'm talking about. Sorry it's really big!!!!! Zoom out to see the whole pic (control +)

Spoiler:

Gen 6.

Last edited by Guy; March 1st, 2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: ERMEGERSH! Spoiler tags for the huge image.