Thread: Suggestion: IRC Revival
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013 (05:54 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Bloodex:
That is what I meant actually. I'm quoting someone, fairly certain it was Kura, but the subsections prevent the main IRC from getting any activity. If you still want subsections like that, I feel like's you could have the moderators of that section reserve a day on the IRC and have that day on the IRC dedicated to that subforum. For example, Razor and/or Live (or even someone they deem worthy) could host the Other Chat and Discussion day in IRC every Friday or something, and the other subforums can do just that. That being said, there should be a day once a week or at least once a month dedicated to the forum as a whole.

Also, what subfrom is #swablunest for? :3
Again, something that would be good on paper, but bad in practice. I'm sticking to my stance on this, because not every mod would feel comfortable on the main IRC channel, so you're basically forcing them to go on the main server to discuss their topics, when sometimes they may not even feel that way, and may only want to chat with a certain few people here and there, or maybe for privacy reasons. Either way, I'd feel that it'd be extremely unfair to the moderators if their respective IRC channels would be closed and I'd be fully against that entirely. Let them have their fun, they have no bearing on #tpc. The reason why #tpc is dead is really its own problem, not the other mod's problems to deal with.

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM