Thread: Suggestion: IRC Revival
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I mean, Dipu, I'm sure none of the staff here as well as myself is trying to "shoot" down your idea for the purpose of it being bad or anything(and trust me I know it'll come off that way to some people), but the main problem with PC's irc is the lack of people actually wanting to talk there. I agree with Livewire, I feel that if you really want activity to go on there, start a topic! Start a conversation, invite a group of people, perhaps you guys would liven things up a bit. Believe it or not, I think that would be a more preferable solution than just modifying PC's home page for something that might not even work.

It's times like this that publicizing the IRC would really come in handy. As Nick already stated, these types of threads appear so often, so it's really a question on whether or not it's worth it, but if you and Kura really care for the IRC, then publicizing it, perhaps setting up an event for it, is pretty much the best you guys can do and see how that can go. It might not sound like the best or the most out-of-the-box idea ever, but it's one of the only few options you guys have to see whether or not people care about the IRC. If they do, then great! You're off to an amazing start. If they don't, then they don't, and try other alternatives from there.

Before starting a project, you have a build a foundation first. You don't just up and build something in one day, it takes planning, and it takes a lot of effort and commitment. With enough of that on your as well as Kura's parts, I'm sure the IRC would fare off well!