View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2013 (7:37 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS
Nature: Quiet
Spikes and Toxic Spikes would be redundant? Have you watched the anime? You can still lay down spikes and any pokemon sent into battle would automatically have to touch with the obvious exceptions of flying/steel and poison pokemon, so even with the evasive stat at it's peak a pokemon would never be able to dodge a toxic spikes laydown, also Ferrothorn is a pokemon which doesn't attack often, It is used mainly as a setup pokemon so why would it matter if it's attacks could be evaded? and I am sure you never read my post about it completely through as I clearly stated all the evasive stat would do is give a pokemon a 1 in 4 or 1 in 6 chance chance to evade a slower pokemon if it's evasive stat is over a certain number. I never once said a extremely fast pokemon would be able to dodge every attack of a slower pokemon rather it being chance based to dodge the attack.
I really do feel like you're ignoring parts of my post on purpose here.

Again, I admitted that I haven't watched the anime in years, so yes, my argument may be slightly off, but do recognize that the games are completely different from the anime for a reason. And yes, having Ferrothorn attack actually -does- matter, otherwise it'd just be a sitting duck(which, for most Pokemon, it already is, anyway). It's imperative that Ferrothorn attacks via either Gyro Ball or Power Whip, and how do you propose it would do that when, when you really think about it, it can't/doesn't even move much?

Also, I feel you didn't read this part of my first post, either.

Even if it's 1 in 4, you have to admit that 25% is still quite a big number in terms of battling, and can make a -huge- difference in the long run.
Think about it. Scald hits for burn about 30% of the time. Which, if you think about it competitively, literally translates to "lol almost all the time", so what's the difference here? 5 percent? 1 in 6 would be more reasonable than 1 in 4, but I feel it'll just frustrate people more and more by incorporating anime mechanics into the game, because you're not really taking into account accuracy as well, which is also "evasiveness" to some sort of extent. You never explained in your post how accuracy would fit as far as endurance, or even evasiveness stat is concerned. So I feel like you're saying "hey, it doesn't matter if you're using a move with 100% accuracy, if you're using it against a faster pokemon, it has an x amount of chance of missing because the faster pokemon might dodge it."

Hax pisses off enough people already. Let's try not to make that worse, shall we?

And you mention leaving out thunderbolt on a luxray because it is a physical attacker? but what electric types even those who are physical don't use thunder or thunderbolt? You can't just say "Because a pokemon is more physical it will never use a special based attack" because if you watched Paul vs Ash in the anime you will see that Paul's Aggron even though it is a physical attacker it uses Special based attacks! So your argument is slightly redundant it's self.

Some good points being made here! Keep it up guys! XD
I never said "never". I said "not so much a special attacker". But screwing that example altogether(since I felt it was a pretty bad one anyway), you also ignored when I asked you the question about explaining how mechanics between two flying Pokemon would work, or heck, even another better one! What about Ghost Pokemon? They're naturally immune to physical attacks, so could they only be hit by special attacks? What if Ghost Pokemon have a high evasion? There are honestly just so many things wrong here that you have to consider not just the stats, but how each Pokemon of each type would utilize that stat, if you're really trying to incorporate this and somehow make the games like the anime. There are so my flaws here and there's honestly so many things you're not explaining that it doesn't really help your argument, either.