Thread: [Discussion] The Game Process
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Java's Missingno.
The Electric Mayhem

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koran View Post
To get a working type first, then look for a team is probably the way to go. Due to the fact people would rather see that you're willing to put out some work and not just be a "dreamer".
I've also thought the same way, as I'm more of a results-based kind of person. (Which is why for my first semester, I was reluctant to form a team immediately) But on the other hand, I managed to meet two great teammates and we had fantastic results given the allotted time.

Another consideration is possibly build a small team of 1-3 that share your vision and then recruit after the prototype is done, so that you can expand your workforce without straying from the goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koran View Post
Also, I see you're referring to _weeks_ allot... That's kinda an understatement depending on project specifics.
Well, I'm referring to weeks primarily because with our project-based curriculum, we have to produce a "finished" game by the end of the semester. As I mentioned, this is different than the timeframe at PC, as here we have as long as interest holds on our projects.

If you're one of the participants of PC Game Jam 2, sorry for the lack of updates. I'm busy and overtaxed with school stuff and my own commercial project right now, and don't know when I'll get to the remaining entries. Frankly, the last time I tried to run through, almost all of them had gamebreaking issues that kept me from continuing. You all did great jobs, but PLEASE error-check before you release stuff.
Current Agenda: Game Theory Class Project, Game Project(Segmented Prototype), AWAKE