View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2013 (10:46 AM). Edited February 28th, 2013 by gimmepie.
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Handsome Samurott:
1. I have heard people say that Sylveon resembles Skyla from Mistralton City, both her appearance and colors. I can somewhat see that resemblance, but I do not put too much stock in it.
I don't see a resemblance at all o.O

2. The butterfly bows are not necessarily indicative of a Bug or Flying type. They are exactly what they are - bows, which are generally for adornment.
This is true although there is a butterfly species with sylvia or something like that in it's name and Silver Wind is a bug move. I'd say bug is highly unlikely but plausible.

3. Has a quadreped ever been a Flying type before? To me, this is the biggest obstacle to the theory that Sylveon is a Flying type, and an observation that has not received any attention as far as I have been able to tell. I find it highly unlikely that a quadreped would be a Flying type.
Tropius is a flying type, that throws that out the window. Further than that Gyarados, Mantike, Doduo and Dodrio don't have wings and cannot fly (well... Doduo and Dodrio can learn the move but are flightless birds) which could very well mean Sylveon will be flying type, as much as that seems unlikely looking at it's design.

4. A new type at this stage of the series is highly unlikely. The reason Game Freak introduced the Steel and Dark types was to balance out the Psychic and Ghost types. Introducing a new type this late in the series would require adding several new Pokemon with that typing, creating new moves specific to that typing, and creating Pokemon who are immune to or resistant to that typing. I am of the opinion - which I hold with a degree of confidence - that no new typing will be introduced.[/QUOTE]

I am in full agreement with this.

Overall Sylveon LOOKS like it will probably be a Normal-typed eeveelution but I'd say that flying, bug and even ghost (I get this from its eyes and its weight) could be possibilities. I'd say it is most likely either Normal or Ghost.