View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2013 (08:27 AM).
Napsy
Tiny Deer

Nature: Quirky
As I speculated earlier. I believe Sylveon is a "part 1" in the series of two new eeveeloutions. This is quite the long shot but I really think Sylveon is either a Normal type pokemon or a completely new type (like light or love) But I ALSO believe Sylveon is FEMALE only. Meaning if your Eevee is a female, it could evolve into this under certain conditions. This would make sense seeing as the prefixes "sylph" and "nymph" (from Ninfeon) are FEMININE prefixes! I took Latin for a little while so there's my credibility I guess. The Pokemon also has very obvious feminine features and attributes.

As I stated earlier I do think this is just a "part 1" and I think maybe we'll see a male counterpart very soon. There is no male prefixes that begin with S from Latin, just to throw that out there.
I think the male version would evolve from Eevee very similarly. And have more of a blue/black color scheme.

Also backing up my theory, we HAVE seen plenty of male and female exclusive Pokemon come in pairs!

Of course all of this is just speculation. But it would really be cute and it makes sense to some extent.