View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I'd hope that they wouldn't give one a giant advantage to one over the other, it just seems silly to me. If anything I'd like them to share one type and have the second one to be neutral to whatever their design provides (Mew/Mewtwo, Ho-Oh/Lugia, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Reshiram/Zekrom). Outside of Gen 3 it's been done, and it generally makes sense.
Except it's hard to really discern what type they really share. Of course, what most people are agreeing on when concerning Yveltal is Dark/Flying. For obvious reasons, there's no actual evidence or anything to suggest that Xerneas is a flying-type whatsover. That being said, the only other type we have left to go on is Dark, right? Especially since half of it's body appears to be black, and that's what a large majority of dark-types share: a dark body, and if not that, some sort of obvious foreboding or mischevious air about them, and usually it's obvious by their design, anyway. So that might possibly be it?

So would it possibly make more sense if they share Dark as a type, and maybe Xerneas' other type is Dragon? Going by what you said, if it's true that the secondary types are neutral to each other, Flying and Dragon are both neutral, and if that's the path GF is taking nowadays, then it would make the most sense. XD