Thread: A Perfect 10
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
For me, I can't say so. I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect game and, conversely, I don't think there's such a thing as a flawless game. This is largely why my reviews use words like "great" for 8 and "Amazing" for 9, as well as why games I think people will thoroughly enjoy and really like seem to get harsh ratings (though, from my perspective, an 8 is still a very good score an a 7 is still worth trying out). 10, for me, is Perfect (as it stands, at least). Not everyone is like that, though; most review sites such as Gamespot and IGN have 10 as something like "Masterpiece", but in my case it's perfect.

Still, I can't say much for the seventh generation there, though. There were a lot of games I enjoyed, indeed, but none I would give a 10 out of 10. Heck, I'm not sure that there are any that go that far for me, especially not in the past few years, though.

I'd give 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors probably a 9.5 and its sequel a 9.75, because they are among some of the most enjoyable games I've played since the sixth generation and have the best stories of any video games I've played.

Persona 4 would get a 9.3, as it is one of my favorite, if not my favorite RPG of all time, and it's probably one of the most well done I've played as well. I also thoroughly enjoyed .Hack//GU Volume 2 Reminisce and Chrono Trigger to that extent (though, really, if we're talking flawless but not perfect games, I'd definitely say that Chrono Trigger comes close).

There are many others I could list that I would consider "IGN 10 out of 10s", but I wouldn't call them perfect.