View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2013 (08:06 PM).
BlueShellBeast
Rodent User

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Twiddle:
As you're the first to talk about Folk music in the topic, I think you should be the one to decide that. It's kinda what I did with my genre =)
Alright, I believe that Folk fits ground the most, but feel free to stop me HAX if you don't agree with this assessment.

Username: BlueShellBeast
Game: Red -> Silver -> Ruby -> Platinum -> White 2
Song: The Sound of Silence/Simon & Garfunkel/Folk Music
Team:
1. Sandslash
2. Doduo
3. Marowak
4. Scyther
5. Alakazam
6. Arcanine
Reasons:

It's a ground type, fitting the folk genre.

Simon and Garfunkel are a duo, making Doduo a perfect choice to represent them.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone

Not only is Marowak an orphaned Pokemon, but it is also a Ground type, making it a good fit.

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
To the neon god they made

Scyther is one of the Pokemon that is available in the Celadon Game Corner in Pokemon Red, fitting the 'neon god'.

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows

To quote his Silver Pokedex Entry "Its brain cells multiply until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything." Since it's brain cells grow uncontrollably, it's cancer.

And the people bowed and prayed

Once again quoting a Silver Pokedex Entry "Its magnificent bark conveys a sense of majesty. Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it". This shows that Arcanine is a Pokemon that is worshiped, even if it is not truly legendary, kind of like how the song is telling a story of people worshiping idols and materialistic things.