View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
I dunno, I'm thinking as of now it seems coincedental, because of all the stuff that gets cut out. When you consider Smash Bros, there's a lot of things were were supposed to get but didn't, even dating back to the first one on the 64.

This includes extra characters in a series, or character replacements overall. I'm sure we were gonna get more Pokemon in Brawl, but didn't because of some sort of limitation or constraints. Honestly, it's just the way it goes during the development process (and in some cases, some ideas just aren't fun, so they get scrapped).
Well Mewtwo and Meowth were originally going to appear in 64, but they were scrapped due to time constraint. There wasn't anything Pokemon-related that was scrapped during Melee's development that I can remember. Mewtwo was also set to appear in Brawl according to the hacked data, but he was scrapped. The best possible theory behind this is because we would have 5 Pokemon reps in Brawl, which will be unfair for that series to have more reps than Nintendo's flagship franchise, Mario, which has only 4 reps in Brawl, so they have to scrap Mewtwo.

Quote:
Let's see what happens in the next Smash, though. You could be on to something, but I'm skeptical that it was planned that way.
This is one of my usual pet peeves, because I'm not convinced if it's the developer's choice to do anything they want with their game once you've recognized the patterns after years of research just like how veteran Pokemon players knew we'll be getting a regional rodent/bird/bug/pikachu clone/fossil/pseudo-legendary.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted