View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013 (12:09 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by LocksmithArmy:
ok... so basically I am going to give the player the opportunity to catch Latias... and if they catch Latias they will step on a script tile (a little later) and Latios will fly in and attack them... but only if they catch latias... not faint or run from or whatever...

how can I check if they have caught a specific pokemon... like check that pokedex number or soemthing...

i guess in the end I could have latias set different flags for caught and fainted but id rather be able to check the pokedex...
See JPAN's study on the Sepecial and Special2 commands. I beleive I saw a special that does just that.

Edit: I think this might help: Special 0D4 seems to place on 0x8005 the seen pokemon and on 0x8006 the caught ones. Also places on 0x800c a number that might be pokemon the pokedex doesn't detect but were caught. if 0x8004 = 0, print kanto's values, 0x8004 != 0x0, national dex values

Paired with Simba