View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Also solidifying the statement that the first four regions are based on Japan. It's not even subtle, especially in Johto.

Speaking of which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkofhyrule
Johto was always my favorite, less sludge and big citys, more mountains and giant pine trees. Johto was with no doubt based of Japanese culter; Komono girls, the shape of the buildings, etc.
*double blink* Wha... wow, really? That's the reason I couldn't stand Johto. I've always referred to the region with people I know iRL and others online as "Japan played (painfully) straight". Trees and mountains, mountains and trees. Blech. Even the Pokemon of that generation bored me to tears. That's also why Houen was my favorite, so much variation. I feel like a video game should be the last thing to emulate real life to a T, especially when said game touts itself as a fantasy.

Of course, I'm not trying to make a thing out of it or have a go or something. :) It's just, I've never heard anyone that has ever preferred Johto because it's so... minimal. That's astounding to me, honest. Well, I think it's cool, I like to see new interesting perspectives.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!