Thread: [Gallery] Elaynii's Junk
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2013 (04:25 AM).
menacing
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Your stuff is marvelous. And I'd agree with Alexial and Sunfished about your style resembling Sugimori's. But since you already went ahead and told us that you stalk his twitter and study his works, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. I honestly do not feel like I'm qualified to point out errors or anything else in your works because you're so much better than I can ever hope to be. :p

What makes your work stand out are all the small touches that you add in them. For example, the steel suit and the wings near the feet you drew in the eeveelution look really good on it but don't make the fakemon any more complicated than it should be. A problem that amateur fakemon artists encounter is when they don't know how many features and what kind their fakemon should possess. They end up adding too much and the result is a fakemon that doesn't resemble a real pokemon at all. But you are really experienced and know when and where to add these sorts of things. Visible in your latest one too - the whip/snake thingy around the green starter's body, I mean. If it weren't for these additions, the fakemon would probably end up looking plain and you always find the right places to make these additions and in adequate amounts to make them seem as authentic and identical to sugimori style as possible. Your stuff always ends up looking like a pokemon and not some over-complicated digimon work. Though calling your works simple doesn't take away from their charm and the hard work you put into it. I meant it as a compliment actually, haha.

I won't be able to talk much more than that, I'm afraid. BUT I really wanna say quite a lot of things and I'll be sure to comment again soon. When time permits, you know. Keep posting your works, dude. They're amazing.