View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsy View Post
As I speculated earlier. I believe Sylveon is a "part 1" in the series of two new eeveeloutions. This is quite the long shot but I really think Sylveon is either a Normal type pokemon or a completely new type (like light or love) But I ALSO believe Sylveon is FEMALE only. Meaning if your Eevee is a female, it could evolve into this under certain conditions. This would make sense seeing as the prefixes "sylph" and "nymph" (from Ninfeon) are FEMININE prefixes! I took Latin for a little while so there's my credibility I guess. The Pokemon also has very obvious feminine features and attributes.

As I stated earlier I do think this is just a "part 1" and I think maybe we'll see a male counterpart very soon. There is no male prefixes that begin with S from Latin, just to throw that out there.
I think the male version would evolve from Eevee very similarly. And have more of a blue/black color scheme.

Also backing up my theory, we HAVE seen plenty of male and female exclusive Pokemon come in pairs!

Of course all of this is just speculation. But it would really be cute and it makes sense to some extent.
And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.
And I think Sylveon is Normal type, so my theory is:

Gen II --- Umbreon is SE against Espeon.
Gen IV --- Glaceon is SE against Leafeon.
Gen VI --- (Fighting type Eevee?) is SE against Sylveon??

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)

Last edited by Liberal Army; March 4th, 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Double posting