Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread
View Single Post
March 4th, 2013 (02:29 PM).
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Your mind
Time for an update. A lot's happened over the past day.
- After grinding Hydra up to level 18, made my way to Roxie and challenged her. I actually 1HKO'd all her pokes with Dragon Rage.
- After some more grinding, beat up Team Plasma and made my way to Castelia City. This is where things start to get harder.
- Hydra gets up to Level 25 or so, and I challenge Burgh after the Team Plasma scenario.
- Beat Burgh by the skin of my teeth, literally only having three HP left after the last of his pokes.
- Hydra makes her way up to Level 30-something as I make my way to Nimbasa City and train some more.
- Beat Elesa relatively easy. Surprisingly 1HKO'd her Zebstrika with Crunch.
- Caught two extra Pokemon to get past Charles the Heartbreaker, but only actually used Hydra in the rotation battle. Proceeded to deposit those Pokes in the PC pretty much forever.
- Got to Driftveil city. Trained up a little more against trainers to get to Level 40 or so, and proceeded to challenge Clay.
- This is where I hit a roadblock. After making it through his gym easily, proceeded to challenge him.
- The thing about Clay is his Excadrill. His first two Pokemon were easy and were both 1HKO'd or 2HKO'd with Dragon Pulse/Crunch, but then comes the Excadrill. This thing can 1HKO Hydra provided its Slash/Metal Claw attack is a critical hit, which it often is, and it can 2HKO her with Slash/Metal Claw/Bulldoze.
- So basically, it's back to square one. I'm currently training on Audinos to become stronger and get past Clay, possibly evolving Hydra in the process. Fingers crossed.
Presently gone from PC. Not sure if I'll ever return.
Also Known As:
Bob, Baka, Dwaine
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Xilfer
Find all posts by Xilfer
Find threads started by Xilfer
Ignore Posts by Xilfer