View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2013 (03:16 PM). Edited March 4th, 2013 by Khrysta.
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.
And I think Sylveon is Normal type, so my theory is:

Gen II --- Umbreon is SE against Espeon.
Gen IV --- Glaceon is SE against Leafeon.
Gen VI --- (Fighting type Eevee?) is SE against Sylveon??
It only being done twice in the past does not make it a pattern.

Gen 1: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon
Gen 2: Umbreon, Espeon
Gen 4: Leafeon, Glaceon
Gen 6: Sylveon.

Its plausable that this is the only new Eevee Evolution added. The Coro Coro shows ALL of the Eevee Evolutions and only lists Sylveon as New Evolution. Doesn't show any silhouette or even hint to another one possibly showing up. Not to mention Sylveon is the center focus for a miniature movie. Why hype just one if there are to be 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabid View Post
I personally dont care what type sylveon is, however, I do have a theory on how it evolves.

Every pokemon generation that have eevees, each have a different way to evolve

Gen 1: Stones
Gen 2: Day/Night Friendship
Gen 4: Areas

So I have done some research and have come up with this theory.
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are most likely named that based on the x and y axis,
But in the Japanese title art there are rainbowish symbols which i believe to be sex cells.
X(the girl sex cell) is blue and also the color of Xerneas
Y(the boy sex cell) is red and also the color of Yveltal.
This could mean these legendaries have genders, like Latias and Latios.

But this lead me to think that since each eevee gen (a gen with eeveelutions) has new evolution,
this generation could have a boy and a girl evolution since the sex cells which seem to be shown in the japanese art.

This is a theory, and this is not for sure what is going to happen.
Highly doubtful. Unless Eevee pulls a Combee (which has the same gender ratio) and only the females can evolve. Otherwise all Pokemon with 2 gender evolutions and alternate gender evolutions (Snorunt and Ralts) all have 50:50 gender ratios.

Also Latios is male and colored blue which is represented by Xerneas in X which is for females. Latias is female and colored red which is represented by Yeveltal in Y which is for males. Not to mention Blue text is used for males in the games and red for females. If gender is involved like that it would be backwards based on that data so I doubt the gender effects much where these three mentioned are concerned.