View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM
awipe1

I have 2 questions to ask TPC.

Problem numbers one: I created a level script. Yes I did it the proper way by getting the map offset and such. It is an [2] level script where you walk into the room for the first time and the mom gives you your shoes. It works perfectly fine but everytime I enter the room, the script activates again. I have the right variable under the flags section. Anyone know what the problem might be? Here is the script for you to look at.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x1 @Move1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Talk1 MSG_KEEPOPEN
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
applymovement 0x1 @Move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Talk2 MSG_KEEPOPEN
closeonkeypress
special 0x171
setflag 0x82F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @shoe 0x6
waitfanfare
msgbox @yay 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @Move3
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x4000 0x1
release
end

#org @Move1
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @Talk1
= Hey! \v\h01!

#org @Move2
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @Move3
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @shoe
= [Player], received RUNNING SHOES!

#org @yay
= Hold the B button to run!\nDon't run indoors!\pYou can use these to get around\nfaster!\pPROFESSOR OAK is waiting for you!\nGo see him at his lab!

#org @Talk2
= Your dad has still not come home\nyet ...\pI'm sure he will be home soon!\pPROFESSOR OAK told me you are\nstarting your POKéMON adventure\ltoday! I think you will need these!

Note I created another level script the same way and that one works perfectly fine, it's just this one that keeps repeating.

Problem numbers two: I wrote a script where you pick up a pokeball containing a Pokemon (It's a long script) and the Pokeball is gone (which is suppose to happen) but when you leave the room and come back, the Pokeball reappears. I don't know what I am doing wrong! I these comands

hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x7

and I also made the person ID 7. That should work, shouldn't it?

Please PC help me!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.