View Single Post
Old Posted March 7th, 2013 (07:18 AM).
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Cool, I'm glad you decided to post this for everyone. I personally don't hack Emerald, so I don't know much about the functionality and such.

Isn't this a counter? So if I were to say save at 4 hours 15 mins and 12 seconds, and then go do something else for from arbitrary amount of time, when I continue playing it will read as if no time has passed. I think in the FireRed RTC which ZodiacTheGreat and interdepth created, they used system time. Maybe you can try something like that?
This is intended for flash carts that don't have RTC chips so there is no "System time".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Also, if you want people to help you with code efficiency, you should use meaningful variables and label names (as opposed to "something").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
You may remember that there was an rtc patch made for R/S that allowed the clock to be based on playtime. A patch like this was never made for Emerald. I took the one for Ruby, disassembled it, and made it work for Emerald.
Maybe you should read before posting. I didn't write this, I just ported it.