Pokemon Chocolate Green
View Single Post
March 7th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
Guess who's back?
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by
I don't quite understand what you're looking for in a tutorial, especially considering most replies in this thread are full of criticism and suggestions on how to improve it. If you're having trouble discerning them, here are the ones that I've picked up:
- Don't mix tiles from different generations if at all possible
- Reduce the amount of empty space in your maps
- Take more care with the development process
- Don't post a new beta for minor changes unless you're fixing something that makes the current one unplayable
- Listen to feedback about the plot and try to answer the questions that have been raised
You seem intelligent and committed enough, so if you actually take on board what people say you should be able to make something decent, if you take the time to do so. Starting another project is not a solution.
I agree with your points.
One I'd like to ask is to not give up so easily with the project just because the thread is empty or not very active.
Just look at my Pokémon Eon Thread. Hardly anyone comments. But hey, this is a small community of the Site. So it will be empty alot.
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Lord Varion
Find all posts by Lord Varion
Find threads started by Lord Varion