Old March 7th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Samurott View Post
These are just some of my quick thoughts on the subject:

- I would like the entire TM and HM system revamped.

- I would like to see a number of old TMs eliminated and new ones created. Also, reconfigure the power, accuracy, PP, and effects of existing TMs and HMs.

- I think moves that are useful primarily for competitive battling should be learned through move tutors rather than TMs. Preserve TMs for in-game battling. Pokemon is going too far in the direction of competitive battling to the point that the quality of the in-game experience is deteriorating.

- I would like to see one of two scenarios happen pertaining to HMs. (1) Eliminate them altogether and allow Pokemon to learn cut, fly, surf, etc. on the basis of their type and abilities; (2) Create HM slots for each Pokemon in addition to TM slots.
Just because I think a lot of this is interesting, I just want to reply to each point (in hopes that I'll get a reply back!)
  • Define rework the entire system (unless the other points were what you were getting at).
  • It isn't really viable to rework a large amount of TMs just for the sake of doing. The only one that I can even think of that was buffed last generation was Giga Drain, which made sense since for what it was it shouldn't have had 5 PP (the power boost was just a nice addition!).
  • I think there's already a lot of overlap between competitive moves and in-game moves (Scald, Roost, Giga Drain, Volt Switch, etc.). Besides, nothing is deteriorating the in-game experience since there's very few moves that are even in-game exclusive as it is (especially since Stealth Rock got removed),
  • Yeah I have nothing to argue against removal of HMs =P