Thread: TMs and HMs
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
This I would just like to see you expand upon. Any particular reason you would like them left out? Personally, leaving them out is just discouraging to a lot of people who battle competitively, and it makes it much more difficult to actually make a Pokémon viable. I can understand keeping some things out so that move tutors actually have a purpose (which I feel that has been done well in the past, it gives a lot of things new toys to play with), but I don't see a point of keeping some of the more powerful TMs out of the game just for the sake of doing it. I guess I can understand leaving some of them out because they probably don't have as much use in-game as they would competitively, but even then I'd love to see some of them included in the Gen 6 TM list.
To limit the competitive use of TMs. If they keep them as unlimited then I hope that all of the TMs are smaller TMs that can help through the main game and give little use competitively. Make competition ready teams worth raising rather than just slapping on TMs like in B/W. I was so happy when moves like Dark Pulse and Stealth Rock were removed because it limited their use to a select few. Move Tutors should be the ones for competitive use, and since you have to earn either shards or Battle points to get them, it makes it more worth while to get them, plus limits them. Spreading all the super moves freely with no restrictions makes all the teams fairly boring as its easy to copy them if you know how.

Yes I prefer harder work for competitive teams. I disliked the easy to attain teams in B/W. I really wish they'd go back to one time use for TMs as I find infinite use a pointless change. Just make them all Move Tutors if they can be used infinitely. At least this way there'd be a way to control it.