View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2013 (07:32 AM). Edited April 13th, 2013 by Guy.
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This thread will cover the discussion of the Unova League arc from start to finish.

BWS2 019 - Curtain Up, Unova League // The Unova League Higaki Tournament Begins! Ash VS Trip!!
BWS2 020 - Mission: Defeat Your Rival! // Fierce Fighting! Win Your Way Through the Rival Battles!!
BWS2 021 - Lost at the League! // Axew Gets Lost
BWS2 022 -
Strong Strategy Steals the Show! // Sawk Enters! Ash VS Stephan!
BWS2 023 -
Cameron's Secret Weapon! // Ash VS Cameron! The Hydreigon Secret Weapon!!
BWS2 024
- A Unova League Evolution // Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

At last, the Unova League! After all that work, Ash has finally managed to make it to the Pokémon League. That didn't take too long now did it? Probably could have had a fare few better episodes and plots leading up to it, but so long as we got there, I digress.

To kick off with the first episode, let's get right down to the most shocking part about the episode: They finally said Stephan's name right! I found that to be quite funny.

Overall, a pretty solid episode. I couldn't help but notice the lack of excitement level present, however, compared to previous league episodes in seasons past. It just didn't have that certain spark that the anime has when Ash finally makes it to the region's league tournament. Did anyone else feel this way?

And like most of the Black and White season, the battles were quickly brushed upon. I'm kind of surprised at how quickly Ash and Trip are battling one another, but at the same time I'm okay with it. It kind of proves my point in an earlier thread that the writers really don't care for Trip too much as a rival and just want to wrap up his storyline with Ash as quickly as possible.

If only they had introduced Cameron earlier.