Thread: Programming!
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2013 (06:38 PM).
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Archenoth:
That's the idea. Reasonably easy to read, and bugs will only show up in obvious places. :)

You saw the link in my post, right? It's still the most popular language it seems according to it.
Yeah, and FORTRAN is still used a lot, too. It was popular years ago, which means it'll still be used in businesses for years to come because they're not going to spend resources porting stuff for no reason.

Quote originally posted by Emilia:
I'm very excited for this coming May. I'm not the biggest fan of PHP, but I seem to have a PHP web-development job lined up! It'll be my first real programming job. I should maybe do some small practice projects before it starts, as I haven't used PHP practically since I learned it, save fiddling around with existing stuff like Wordpress and phpBB.
I'm sorry. I wouldn't wish a PHP job on my worst enemy.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]