Thread: [Discussion] Skepticism of Science
View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about XD
If I may attempt to interpret: there are people who distrust technology and science, usually people who believe that either things are changing too much/too fast, people who can't keep up with the changes, or people who think think things used to be better in "the good old days." Whatever the case, technology is the sign of how things shouldn't be. They moralize, painting our scientific knowledge as morally bad for us (a.k.a. the devil), a temptation for us to turn away from good values, hard work, respect for our elders, etc. for the convenience of modern tech or the alternate answers to the questions of the universe that science provides. Essentially, they fear that science will supplant their view of the world. But all of this is inconsequential because the top 1% of income earners already have us in an economic death grip and their influence has influence has turned us from both science and good old fashioned values as we strive to empower and enrich the already rich in the misguided belief that their wealth will benefit the rest of it.

That's my take anyway: Old fashioned people don't get technology, think science destroys religion, but none of it matters because we're not addressing the economic issues.

deviantart blog pair