View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Stormbringer
Quote originally posted by Lightning:
I agree with Syd that "# Generation Games" sounds boring
No, having 'Other' or 'General' in front of everything is boring.

Quote:
Main Games
- Pokemon X/Y
- Generation 5
- Generation 4
- Generation 3
- Generation 1&2

Wireless Stuff
- Trade Corner
- Battle Centre

General Gaming
- PKMN Gaming Central
- Spinoffs
- Challenges

It gives us two fairly small categories but it would keep things fairly obvious. :/ (Note I've obviously not given the names of any forums any thoughts, haha.) Wifi is still separate from the generations that use it but at least it isn't tucked away with forums that have literally nothing to do with it and in its own category, it'll still stand out.

The only problem I have with Nick's second category idea is that it isn't very intuitive to me. You've got Gaming Central which is kind of how you talk about all the generations at once, so shouldn't that go in the category with all of them as its catch-all? Then if we're categorizing everything else as "adventures past what the game has to offer", Spinoffs doesn't really work with that description--it wouldn't make sense in either of the categories anymore but if I had to pick, I'd probably think it fits in better with the main games as a second kind of catch-all forum. And that leaves Wifi and Challenges which make for a pretty small category as well as a maaassive games category. :[

The Alternative Discussions part fixes this, though.

Current gen gaming:

-X&Y
-B&W
-Gen 4
-Gen 3
-Gen 1&2

Then:

Challenges
Trade Corner
Battle Center
Spin-Offs
GPGD stuff

It's much more organized this way. And to be honest, having Wifi near the current gen was helpful.... back in 2007 when it was new. It's not like people are still getting used to using Wifi to trade anymore.