View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy

Evan Lee Gildred

“R-repay me?” Eva was taken aback by the words that Solo muttered through upon waking, a very serious tone taking over his voice as he vowed to make amends for his saving him. Trying his best not to laugh, he thought about one of his favorite movies, Star Wars. Wookiees had a thing called a ‘life debt’ that they gave when they were saved by another, like Han Solo and Chewbacca. Distracted by this, admittedly, nerdy thought, he smiled at Solo and wondered if there was the same kind of thing in Lycan society. He didn’t think there was, but the thought humored him nonetheless through the rather serious situation. If Solo was Chewbacca, that made him Han Solo in drag? Shaking his head to rid the thought and return his focus back to his friend, he swung his legs absentmindedly off the side of the bed, his feet not even reaching the floor. “I didn’t save you so that you would owe me anything.” He lowered his head and stared at his legs as they created a soft swishing sound when they rubbed together ever so gently. “It’s just what friends do.”

Looking at Solo and giving him a big, genuine smile, he thought about how happy he was to see him okay. Many people might not understand why he had been hanging around the rather gruff boy lately, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as they made him out to be. It was just another validation for him on trying to prove his point, fighting isn’t necessary. All that everyone needs is a little patience and understanding. Solo was a prime example of that. Instead of rushing to threaten and beat the boy, why hadn’t Ashling simply taken the high road and tried to work things out with words? Childish and naive as the thought may seem, he truly tried to see the best in people at all times and he wondered if even fairytale could be rationalized with.

Balling up the sleeve of his coat in his palm, he tried to wipe off some of the caked on and smeared makeup stuck to his face. Eva always hated when he looked unkempt and he knew that he probably looked disastrous. “I’m the one who should be apologizing anyway... You would have never gotten into trouble with Ashling in the first place were it not for me running away and crying like a baby just because of a little fighting. I just get so sick when people start to bicker and hurt one another when we should be helping.” Standing from the bed and grabbing the glass of water that Solo half drank, he went off and filled it anew. “Here, you should probably keep drinking, it’s important to keep your fluids up. Placing it on the desk once more, he peeked outside the curtains to see that the sun had almost fully set, night winning the battle over day for a few hours yet again.

“Uhm, if you don’t mind me asking,” he queried in a hushed tone, his hands clasping in front of him just above his waist. “Who’s Amelia? I-I mean, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want. I just heard you calling her name out when you were passed out. She sounded kind of important, I guess...”

Last edited by Claire*; March 13th, 2013 at 03:02 AM.