Thread: The Mara Region
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2013 (06:38 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
I love some of the names that you came up with! They not only match perfectly, but they also keep on the tradition of the fun and quirky naming scheme that the original Pokemon games set. Things like "spy"der always puts a smile on my face :D

Apart from the names, some of the designs in general are fairly lacking. I mean, the spyder guy was one of the more unique, since its a spying spider. but most of the 4-legged animals on the other hand are as generic as a fakemon can be. Usually, a pokemon's design is appealing because of how unique and recognizable it is, that's why everyone owned the "what's that pokemon?" thing at the end of every pokemon episode(screw you voltorb/electrode). For example, show them a picture of a pokemon, take the picture away, and make them describe it. odds are they'll remember "a yellow rat with red cheeks and a zigzag tail" or "a giant green snake dragon with body segments". But some of yours are just lions, deer, and some don't even look planned out at all.

But all-in-all, I commend you on the names, and some of the designs. Also, I wouldn't say your drawings are bad. Artwork isn't always good by how well the artist created his piece, but instead how well the artist portrayed his ideas. Which in this case, is how creative the fakemon's designs were.