View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
You got a point, however as I mentioned earlier in either this thread or in General chat Groudon and Kyogre made sense as water is more vast than land thus they aren't equal unlike say Zekrom and Reshiram.

Also I fear that if they did make one stronger type wise it may come off as one chromosome is better than the other...very bad implication there.
I don't get it.. why would anyone think it implies some gender superiority or whatever you are getting at? Its types. If one is weak to the other, type chart happens.
Dialga has a SE STAB against Palkia, does that imply time is better than space? No.
They pick types that make sense for the legendaries. Maybe they take more into consideration (like the awesomeness factor), but this is certainly not what.

There is no reason to think they ever cared about competitive balance between mascot legends in the past, why would they now?
But there is evidence to the contrary, Kyogre completely beats Groudon competitively on every imaginable level, yet plot-wise they are presented as perfect counterparts.