• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Fun Game, The Card Collab Collecting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Hello, this is the Card Collab Collecting Game. Not really a collection, but it works. The gameplay goes on in National Dex order. The first poster posts a scan of a Pokémon Card (it does not necessarily need to be a photo of a card you own.). If the scan is Japanese, or a different language, write an English Translation Spoiler under the card so the next poster can read it. The next poster gives the card a critique and gives ratings from 1 to 10 for Artwork, Playability, and Collectability.

Here's an example of an acceptable critique.

It's an excelent card. It only needs 1 Energy to deal 50 damage, and the Holofoil makes it a great collectable.

Artwork: 9/10
Playability: 9/10
Collectability: 10/10

Keep in mind that that was for an anonymous card. Fake cards are not allowed here.

Anyway, after giving a critique, the poster, on the same post, posts a scan of a card of the next Pokemon in National Dex order, and so on, and so on.

Now, to begin the game, the first Pokémon in National Dex Order.

bulbasaur93.jpg

Years
It's a run-of-the-mill Basic for Supreme Victors that didn't evolve into anything particularly effective during the time Supreme Victors was play legal, and it's a common to boot, so it's easy to come into 8 or 9 of these if you buy too many boosters, even with the massive size of the Supreme Victors set.

Artwork 8/10
Playability 3/10
Collectibility 2/10

Next up, Ivysaur!

displayimage.php

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Ooh, rather dark. It has fewer HP than the Bulbasaur in the first post, but it's a promo none of the less...

Artwork 6/10
Playability 4/10
Collectibility 6/10

Number 3! Venusaur!

VenusaurexEXFireRedLeafGreen112.png

Years
3D is always interesting, but not the best direction they could have gone with that. It was moderately playable, but its dual weakness made it very susceptible to some very dominant ex Pokemon that were play legal when EX: FireRed and LeafGreen was released, and its 5 energy attack cost for SolarBeam is pretty high, even for 90 damage. It is still an ex, though, and from a moderately quiet area within the TCG's history, so that certainly makes it collectible and hard to come by.

Artwork 5/10
Playability 5/10
Collectibility 8/10

And now for #4, Charmander!

displayimage.php

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
1 corlorless energy cost for scratch is pretty alright, but discarding a fire energy card for 30 damage isn't that good imo.

Artwork 8/10
Playability 4/10
Collectibility 6/10

You're up next, Charmeleon!

148921.jpg

Years
Artwork is pretty interesting. An action shot. It was quite playable back in its day for a Stage 1. The shadowless version isn't terribly common, and with the whole rest of the shadowless Base Set, it's a pretty nice collection piece.

Next, up, Charizard!

displayimage.php

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Is that a Shiny Charizard? Oh dear! Ridiculously rare and overpriced. It has no abilities, and the shiny reprint has a bit of an error, but it's Charizard nonetheless...

Artwork: 10/10
Playability: 9/10
Collectability: 9/10

Go, Squirtle!

R-83_Squirtle.jpg

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 9/10 Reminds me of the Nirvana album :P
Playability: 9/10 Bubble is pretty good for a colorless energy and Smash Turn isn't pretty bad neither. Like a Volt Switch :)
Collectability: 7/10

Go, Wartortle!
Wartortle_HS_Liberados.JPEG

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 6/10 Seems kinda weird, what's it doing? :C
Playability: 10/10 Dig is seriously OP, very nice *_*
Collectibility: 7/10

Go on qt3.14, Caterpie!
CaterpieNeoDiscovery53.jpg

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Awww, it's a Caterpie! Pretty nice to see the Neo Discovery Caterpie. Yuka Morii is a very good artist. Her artwork is appreciated.

Artowrk: 10/10
Playability: 4/10
Collectability: 8/10

How about its evolved form, not metal, and not a vegetable. But it's a.....

42_Metapod.jpg

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artowrk: 4/10 A bit weird, imo =/
Playability: 8/10 Actually a hella lot better than the in game Metapod xD
Collectability: 7/10

Congratulations, your Metapod evolved into a Butterfree!
34.jpg

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh no, a Base Set 2! :( How awful. Anyway, I love that card. It's very nostalgic for me!

Artwork: 10/10 I love the artwork on this card. <3 It's just...everything Butterfree is! idk
Playability: 7/10 Not too horrible for its time, I don't think. I didn't play then, so eh.
Collectability: 7/10 It's not too hard to get a hold of, and Base Set 2 is...icky to me. :/

WeedleNeoDiscovery70.jpg

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 6/10 Looks like it's from a kid's book, not bad :P
Playability: 4/10 If it lands on heads, the attack is pretty good, if not... you just wasted a turn..
Collectability: 4/10

Your turn, Kakuna!
Kakuna_(Base_Set_TCG).jpg

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ngl, I have never liked that Kakuna.

Artwork: 6/10 It's just...strange to me. idk.
Playability: 3/10 Two energy for 20 damage and possibility of poison is meh. Maybe that was okay back then? But still...seems a bit costly, especially that first attack.
Collectability: 8/10 I'm biased...it's Base Set, I can't help it. Haha.

022069_P_SUPIA.jpg

^ Won me a game tonight actually! :D

Translation:
Spoiler:

Years
It's artwork is alright. Reminds me more of DP era artwork instead of Advance era card art, though. It was solid for a Grass-type Stage 2, if it could survive the destructive fire-types of its era. Your card is a Japanese 1st Edition rare, so it's pretty collectible if you like Japanese cards.

Artwork: 7/10
Playability: 6/10
Collectibility: 6.5/10

Next up, Pidgey!

displayimage.php

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
That Pidgey looks like he doesn't care about anything lol

Artwork : 7/10
Playability : 5/10 it could be pretty good if it lands on heads, also has -30 resistance to fighting
Collectibility : 5/10 It's from POP Series 4, but that Pidgey card is common.

Next is Pidgeotto :D
FE-27_Kogas_Pidgeotto.jpg

Years
Another action shot. Would be nice if I could tell what move it's using, but it's still Sugimori art. Not the most playable Pokemon, though, with that low HP for a Stage 1 and those expensive attacks. It's still a first edition rare from Gym Challenge, however!

Art: 7/10
Playability: 3/10
Collectibility: 6/10

Next up is Pidgeot!

displayimage.php

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Having fun without me? Hmph, anyway, that Pidgeot is weird beyond compare. I've never seen an electric-steel Pidgeot, but either way, it's a Delta-Species, you could see unusual typing like that, Electric-type Charmander, Fire-type Mankey, the list goes on.

Artwork: 7/10
Playability: 10/10
Collectability: 6/10

Anyway, next up is Rattata, who is upset that you have been partying while I am asleep.

70726f647563742f4257382d53463034302e6a70670033303000.jpg

The first time a card from a future set is into the ring.

Translation
Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 8/10
Playability: 2/10 That kinda... sucks..
Collectability: 2/10 I'm guessing it's gonna a common card to pull..? That's why the 2. I might be wrong..

Raticate!
40.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back