View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Princess and the Frog was just beset with problems, none of which had to do with its animation. A different treatment of the movie (or a different movie entirely) could have changed things.

And Disney isn't rolling in his grave/cryogenic chamber. I believe that when I was at the Walt Disney museum (the one about the guy, not the studio) there was something in it about how he liked trying out new things, or new techniques, or something or other that left me with the impression he would have adopted computer animation. The only thing he would have pushed for would have been quality work. I imagine that if he were around we'd have a range of mediums for Disney movies.
Uncle Walt would have most certainly adopted computer animation. If there's anything that really speaks of him, its that he liked to bring things (or fantasy) to life in a way. Outside of movie-making and animation, the audio-animatronics in the theme parks are another form of this. So, I think he would have adopted computer animation. And maybe stop-motion animation when it got refined to the point it is now.

But, the question is would he use them to the exclusion of traditional hand-drawn animation? I don't personally think so.