View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by d00bt00b View Post
I just started a new game on my Pokemon Black 2 Version, and now that I've beaten the Elite Four I was thinking about hunting shinies a bunch. When I checked my trainer ID I noticed that it was 44444 and I was wondering if this would give me better chances than a normal ID of something like 28321 or something.
Two things:

1. Your TID doesn't determine shininess of Pokemon, only your SID does
2. The chances are the same as mine, or anyone else (1/8192 or 0.01% chance) Unless you use certain methods, I'll quote myself for this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
There are a few ways to increase your chances of finding shiny Pokemon. In both Gen IV & V, you can use the Masuda Method to increase your chances to 1/1639 (0.06%) in Gen IV and 1/1366 (0.07%) in Gen V. In order to use the Masuda Method, you must breed a Pokemon from your game and a Pokemon from a different country together (Japanese Pokemon are the easiest to figure out of course).

In Black 2 and White 2 however, you can receive the item "Shiny Charm" if you complete the National Pokedex. This increases the chance of encountering or hatching a shiny Pokemon from 1/8192 (0.01%) to 1/2,731 (0.03%). If used in conjunction with the Masuda Method, it will be increased even further to 1/1024 (0.09%).

Though the easiest way to find a shiny is to RNG one. Doing it correctly will yield a shiny Pokemon every time. However it can be quite complex and isn't for everyone (and no, it isn't cheating). Trade Corner has a guide for basic RNGing and can be found here.

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].

Last edited by tabor62; March 16th, 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: oopsie