Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Name: Marek Samson

Nickname: Sensei

Species:

Team: Crossblade crew

Title: <Member> The Sensei / The Teacher

Appearance:

^Rough sketch of Sensei that I made using MS Paint.

The first noticeable difference between Sensei and another of his kind is that the colors on his uniform are inverted. Instead of a black belt, he wears a white belt, the symbol of a beginner. Instead of a white gi, he wears a a black gi. (Gi is his martial arts uniform) The symbol on his face has also been painted white. Secondly, he carries many scars from past battles all over his body, though most are hidden by his black gi. However, there is a large scar that is traced across the bleak symbol upon his face.

Personality: Sensei is a disciplined and prideful Throh. Years in training have rendered him a worthy opponent, and he always makes sure to put logic before emotion in a fight. Although he sees himself as the best martial arts fighter there is, he knows his weaknesses, and works hard to be rid of them. He is very self-disciplined, and can take orders without question. Sensei will do anything to protect his allies, even going so far as to put his own life on the line. When somebody proves themselves worthy enough to be his friend, their life is as valuable to him as his own. He also knows all there is to know about honor. Although he has no more dojo to honor, he has found a new, unlikely home in the Crossblade Crew, and will do anything to defend their honor. When somebody badmouths him or his crew, he will not hesitate to teach them a lesson in civility.

History: Marek was born to his father Throh and a mother Lucario. The two were both Sensei at the Rising Sun Dojo, a group of Fighting-types dedicated to the disciplined martial arts fighting styles. As soon as he was of age, Marek himself joined the dojo. The Sensei at the dojo found that Marek was a child prodigy, able to master the art of Judo by the age of ten, and then later the art of Karate by the age of sixteen. He was quickly awarded many black belts in all the kinds of martial arts he chose to learn. Over the course of his 30 years training at the dojo, he learned the arts of Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, boxing, Kung Fu, and Jujutsu. The Throh was recognized as one of the most successfull members of the dojo.

Marek had become a respected member of the Rising Sun dojo, earning the trust of all of his peers and friends. He was training alongside two other Sensei when a messenger came with terrible news: his father had been kidnapped by a ruthless criminal known as Sylver Treach, a Krookodile. Marek was confused as to how his father couldn't fight back, but the messenger explained that Sylver had made him fall asleep with the Sleep Powder of a Bulbasaur and then restrained him. He explained that if the Rising Sun didn't pay the ransom of 500,000 Poke, he would kill him. The Rising Sun were a rich organization, and could easily pay the crook what he needed, but Marek took matters into his own hands. He would not let his father be hurt in any way, or let his dojo be insulted in such a manner. He would bring an end to his criminal. The other sensei reminded him that the martial arts were never to be used for violent purposes, and that if he left to find his father, he would be rejected upon return. Marek paid no heed to their warnings and set out to find the kidnapper. After several tips from friends of the Rising Sun, Marek found his missing father...dead.

He had arrived too late. Sylver and his cohorts had already killed his father one hour before the deadline. Marek was overcome with grief and anger, and killed every single Pokemon in the room. He took his father back to the dojo, where they buried him and gave him a funeral worthy of a Pokemon of his caliber. However, Marek was never again allowed to enter the dojo, and was made to wear a change of attire to show his banishment.

Level: 40 (Although he used to have a much higher level, years of no training has brought his skill down somewhat)

Moveset: Bulk Up, Body Slam, Vital Throw, Low Sweep, Brick Break, Double Team

RP Sample:
From The Pokemon Odyssey:

Spoiler:
Paladin
Underground

Never lose sight of yourself, Saul. Never succumb to the darkness. Live life. Never die.

Those words rung in Paladin's ears as he gazed upon Allora and his sister. For that moment, that slight moment, it seemed as if Paladin's dark side was gone. He could not feel it anymore, as if the darkness had detached itself from his body. He felt good, filled with emotion. Only now did he realize that before this, he had been entirely insensitive towards his companions, his brothers and sisters. Sure, there was a lot going through his mind, but it was up to Paladin to not lose himself in the sea of memories and thought. His mentor had taught him that.

Paladin felt the soft pat of the Lilligant's petal against the rough texture of his skin, as she assured him that she would be there for him. The trust between Gold Tribesmen was unbreakable, that much he could see. Allora and the Lilligant had only known him for the duration of this day, and yet, they were willing to do everything in their power to help him. He felt that he had forgotten about this sacred trust, too concerned with a selfish lust for truth to care.

"Allora, thank you, but..." Paladin began. He realized that he still hadn't explained his full story to the Ninetales, though he wasn't sure that he knew his own full story. "I've been this way as long as I can remember." Paladin's gaze turned gentle, as he turned to his Lilligant sister. "I'll allow you to do what you can, but I doubt you'll be able to get rid of..." he motioned to his dark side, "this." He sighed. "I don't think we should stop now. Veletra is in grave danger, and I owe her for saving me. She comes first."

Paladin approached the angry Ninetales before him. "I won't let her die for me." he said firmly, though he wasn't sure if he was talking to Allora or to himself. With that, he strode past her, expecting the rest of the group to follow. The Abra took a turn to the left when he opened another secret tunnel, and the Golurk followed. The next tunnel they were in was annoyingly claustrophobic for the giant, since it was so small that he had to crouch down to fit in. "You better know where you're going, Abra," Paladin grunted.

Not my best SU, but since the standards in this RP are somewhat lax, I guess it doesn't matter. I hope Throh doesn't count as a fully-evolved Pokemon, though I don't think it does.
Presently gone from PC. Not sure if I'll ever return.