View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2013 (11:18 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not really bothered by the fact that there's only one save file. I was way back when I first started playing and my brother and I had to share Pokemon Red but ever since then we've just picked up our own copy. And because we did, we've been able to trade back and forth when needed. He doesn't play anymore but the sentiment is still there.
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
It was revealed on an old interview with GF that the reason why we have only one save file is because of the feature to nickname our Pokemon. Plus, how will we able to get special event items/Pokemon if there was more than one save file?
They could have individual save files for each user and then there would be an overall cartridge save file. Special event items/Pokemon could be saved to the overall file and each user would be able to access that and download it onto their save file only once. The logistics wouldn't be too hard to get around.

I don't get how nicknaming would have any effect on it, though...? That's kinda weird but maybe there's something I'm not thinking of.