• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screw the rain Imma play in the sandbox OU

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Yo! it's been a while since I've posted I've been fairly busy, I've decided to run a ss team with the usual core of tyranitar,terrakion and landorus here it is:

Tyranitar brave/adamant @choice band
180hp/252atk/76sp.def
stone edge
crunch
pursuit
superpower

rather unusual ev spread but I've geared my team more towards countering the rain match-up than anything else brave almost guarantee's that ss gets up vs politoed and because I'm going to be going 2nd I bulked him up enough to be able to take scald or surfs to the face twice or three times if they decide to switch stone edge will heavily dent almost everything if it politoed stay's in well that makes tyranitars job even easier.

terrakion jolly choice scarf
4/252/252
stone edge
close combat
x-scizzor
rock slide(when I really want volcorona to die)

standard terrakion really :/

landorus hasty @ choice scarf
252atk/4sp.atk/252 speed
eq
stone edge
hp ice
u-turn

I never really used him much so I need practice with him but I usually just scout with u-turn and when the weater inducers/counters are out of the way I usually just switch him in and eq until I win :P

Gliscor impish @ toxic orb
252hp/40def/216speed
sub
protect
toxic
eq

ev's need a little work I was almost considering maxing out speed but it needs bulk to tank the numerous fighting attacks aimed at teriyaki and tyranitar

celebi(thank you tabor!)modest @life orb/leftovers
56hp/252sp.atk/200 speed
leaf storm
recover
u-turn
earth power/t-wave/psychic/sandstorm

my first counter to drizzle hp is dark unfortunately :/ the ev spread is smogons and I've been testing it out but I'm considering using 4/252/252 because I use it more as a hit and run set could I get someone's opinion on this please?

gastrodon calm @leftovers
252/84/172
earth power
recover
toxic
ice beam

this was my 2nd counter to drizzle but all it does is act as a pivot it cant really damage any of the water types it freely switches into and most of them carry energy ball or hp grass I was considering jellicent as its a nice special wall vs rain teams and can take fighting type moves but again it can't hurt the water types it switches into and it cant do much to tornados or thundurus-t which will most likely just ko it not to mention the damage suffered by sandstorm itself.

are their any other pokemon that serve as a rain counter? is ferrothorn viable? thank you for your time :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ferrothorn is and always will be viable in OU:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Ferrothorn is and always will be viable in OU:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Thank you, I've been testing him out an he's worked quite well, I like using protect over gyro ball to scout fire/fighting moves I can't decide between stealth rock or spike's though :/

Thank's for your help I'll definitely run thorn over gastrodon could you fix gliscor's ev's for me I'm having trouble deciding how much speed I need I definitely want to be faster than heatran after that it doesn't really matter and if possible celebi too should I run 4/252/252 or does it need hit a certain hp number?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thank you, I've been testing him out an he's worked quite well, I like using protect over gyro ball to scout fire/fighting moves I can't decide between stealth rock or spike's though :/

Thank's for your help I'll definitely run thorn over gastrodon could you fix gliscor's ev's for me I'm having trouble deciding how much speed I need I definitely want to be faster than heatran after that it doesn't really matter and if possible celebi too should I run 4/252/252 or does it need hit a certain hp number?

This spread allows Gliscor to outspeed Heatran: 244 HP/28 Def/236 Spe, Impish.

Back