View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aero View Post
My personal opinion on an ability like that is how niche it is. It's such a specific type of move that I wouldn't particularly find it useful. Also I have to agree with Jake, giving a 120+ base power move no charge up that is there for a reason could be ridiculously overpowered. Obviously we'd have to see it in action to see if it's even that bad. My first view is that an ability like that being added to the game wouldn't actually matter too much because it won't be that useful in the first place. So balancing might not be an issue.
But yet, I don't understand, as the aforementioned base 120 power moves in my previous post require no charge up whatsoever, and yet I hardly hear anyone talking about how overpowered they are o.o; I mean, I just really don't think it would make such a huge difference in the long run, because they have the same base power, it's just higher accuracy. I'm pretty sure a few Calm Minds would negate Solarbeam entirely, and yet you have Brave Bird which is arguably a zero-charged up version of Sky Attack.

I mean...I'm guess what I'm saying is that it shouldn't really make much of a difference. D: