View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2013 (03:22 PM).
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by StinkomanFan:
I had this idea.
What happens when you put down that Pokemon game? To the character you're controlling? Does the world just stop, or does only the character?
One day, a trainer just stops. He stops moving, he stops talking, he stops everything. They've seen this before and know their master tends to do this, sometimes for days on end.
Three years pass and their master hasn't awoken. They are naturally disturbed, trying to get him to do something, anything. The Pokemon's bonds with their human is tested, as years pass and wild Pokemon keep trying to kill their master for food. The psychic Pokemon says he has very little brain-wave activity, confirming that he is essentially a statue. As each Pokemon remember fond memories, they struggle to decide to leave him or move on.
Genre: Horror/Tragedy
POV: Multiple, usually first person
Length: About eight chapters including prologue and epilogue
OC's: Yes, the trainer and his team of six
This reminds me of an awesome story I once read (but now cannot remember the name of) in which a Trainer is trapped in the little segment of story leading up to fighting Brock, because the player keeps quitting when the battle goes wrong and restarting. Slowly, he starts to gain awareness of the situation, and... I don't remember the resolution, actually.

Actually, it's entirely possible that I dreamed that story rather than read it, but the point stands: that's the closest thing I can think of to this, and it was fantastic. Your concept is the same flavour of awesome, and I'd love to see it come to fruition.

I would have to point out, though, the high likelihood - assuming other people in the Trainer's universe are of the same independent mind as the Pokémon - that someone would find him and attempt to move him, or interact with him or his Pokémon. Perhaps that could be avoided by putting him in some kind of deserted location - or maybe you want to explore that, I don't know. Actually, you probably don't want to explore that; it's too much for such a tightly-constructed story as this one seems to be.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.