Advance Generation FAQ (RSE and FRLG)
View Single Post
March 21st, 2013 (8:47 AM). Edited July 6th, 2013 by Schwann.
Dead Batteries in RSE
There have been a lot of questions recently about dead batteries in RSE, and I figure that since it's only going to increase as time goes on, it's time for an FAQ post on it so that it can easily be referred to when these questions come up and it won't have to constantly be answered over and over.
"Time-based events will no longer occur. This game can still be played."
Is this the message you're getting upon booting up your Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? If so, congratulations. You have a dead battery! Unlike with the games before the GBA games, a dead battery
mean that the game will not save. The game will still be playable, however the time-based events will no longer happen. Said events will be listed later in this post.
Can my battery be fixed?
You can replace your battery. I have found a very good explanation and tutorial of how to do this. If you can't watch the video in the spoiler, there's also
guide. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, a quick Google search will net you another one.
What are the time-based events?
- You will no longer be able to grow berries.
- The Shoal Cave tides will no longer change.
- Lilycove Department Store's lottery ticket game will no longer be playable.
- Lilycove Department Store's rooftop sales will no longer occur.
- Swarms will not occur.
- Energy Guru sales in Slateport will not occur.
- Mossdeep Space Center's rocket launches will no longer go up. (It doesn't get you Deoxys anyway so it doesn't matter)
- Eevee will only evolve into Espeon or Umbreon depending on where your clock is stuck (12 PM - 11:59 AM for Espeon, 12 AM - 11:59 AM for Umbreon).
- Feebas locations won't change.
- Old Man for Mirage Island will be stuck with one Pokémon ID number (making it much easier for him to spot it actually).
- You won't be able to get Regice in Ruby and Sapphire (You are required to stand in the middle of the room for one minute).
Note: Your clock will be stuck on whatever time the battery died at. To check and see it, you will need to head to your home in Littleroot and check the clock. If you restart the game, the clock will be stuck on the time that you set it to at the beginning of the game.
Does this happen with FRLG?
There are no time-based events, or even a clock, in FRLG. So no.
If there is anything I missed, or any other questions you have, please feel free to let me know. Post will be edited upon more questions being asked about the dead battery.
i might not be flawless but you know i gotta diamond heart
| paired to
Joined Feb 2008
Alli, Syd, Luds
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Schwann
Find all posts by Schwann
Find threads started by Schwann
Ignore Posts by Schwann