View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbl56 View Post
What do you count as flaws though? The only one I can really think of was the dying battery but I doubt that could ever happen on a ds/3ds. Unless you're just talking about something you personally dislike about the game, I see no reason for them to NOT make it.
My main gripe with remakes is the Pokémon rosters of the NPCs. All games below 4th gen had pretty bad rosters for a few characters and IMO the Hoenn Elite Four was the absolute worst in the series next to RBY's E4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbl56 View Post
Day/Night system, evolution in certain areas, hidden abilities (plus extra abilities), more attacks (and pokemon), physical/special split (that you mentioned), etc. I'm pretty sure you get the picture. With all these extra mechanics added to the game, I'm pretty sure it will be worth a play through at least. Plus, both remakes have gained extra places to go and things to do so I doubt they would just skip over it for this game, which means you would not be "playing the same game as the original". You're skipping over quite a bit that has been added.
Since I mentioned mechanics, let's go.

Day/Night system: cosmetic thing. Not featuring it in RSE was a developer's decision (and, IMO, mistake).

Evolution in certain areas: Impractical with Hoenn's map. HGSS didn't feature it anyway.

Hidden abilities (plus extra abilities), more attacks (and pokemon): That's content, not mechanics. Save for the physical/special split, and a few features that were subsequently added to the series, the game as of now plays absolutely the same as it did upon RS's release. The jump from RBY to FRLG is much bigger than the difference between RSE and B2W2.

The game wouldn't have more Pokémon either since the remakes usually feature the same regional dex as the originals. Only exception was in HGSS where you could get a few Pokémon that evolved when leveling up with a move learned, like Piloswine and Tangela. All additions would be made to the postgame, and, believe me, there's a heck of a lot they would need to add because Hoenn's postgame is non-existant outside of the Battle Frontier.

Furthermore, I don't think GF feels RSE is outdated enough. They're still using sound effects introduced in RS. The minisprites in the Pokémon summary screen are all from RS (at least, the ones from the 386 first Pokémon). The core mechanics of the game are from RS. Unless there's something very significant coming around with XY, we won't see further remakes, be it of RSE, of DPPt or any other game.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.