View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013 (12:42 PM). Edited March 22nd, 2013 by BadSamaritan.
This isn't even my final form!!!

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Maruno:
Where would you use this? At first I thought you meant the party screen (accessible from the pause menu and during battle and so forth), but then you mentioned the "box menu" (which I presume you meant as the party screen) to be something different.

Your idea is an odd shape, by which I mean it wouldn't fit into the standard screen resolution of 512x384.

To strictly answer your question, it's feasible. All it would be is displaying a certain picture (sprite) depending on the species of the Pokémon, which is what all Pokémon icons and battle sprites already do, which is easy. Well, easy enough, anyway. The real question is what else you want to do, which matters in both a technical and aesthetic sense.
Yes, I mean the party screen, sorry for the confusion. But then I said box menu, to imply that I'd still want to use the normal sized icons for the storage box navigation and the such.

Also, as I mentioned right before the picture, ignore all the other changes like the different directions, health bar sizes and stuff. All it was was a concept I was showing another member of the team, before I even got into essentials and all that. Strictly getting mugshots to work with minor changes to the look of everything, is my primary goal(and unfortunately we have no coder)

So to put it better, my question is how would I go about separating these entities, so that the party menu displays mugshots, but the box displays icons?

Thanks again for any help!

Demo coming August 20!