View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Thursday
Feeling better?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm gonna first start off with a few comments on what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapes View Post
-The elite four has to be the least interesting out of all the Pokemon games so far. The Pokemon are not really that tough, sporting lower levels. Lance being the champion is kind of underwhelming when he wasn't the champion in the previous game.
I'm confused on how he was underwhelming in this game when he is basically a (slightly) stronger version of himself in the first game. Also he was the champion until Blue beat him XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapes
-Victory road is also forgettable (except for its music) as it's completely empty, bar the rival fight at the end.
I think that was the point as you had to do the whole "Walk of Awesomeness" to even get there, which included pokemon and trainer fights.

Quote:
-Lack of fire and grass types (I don't count the addition of the 4th gen evolutions in the remakes).
There are 24 grass pokemon (7 of them are unevolved and 1 cannot evolve; all catch-able in both games, excluding Chikorita, which is given) and 22 fire pokemon (5 of them are unevolved and 2 which cannot evolved; all can be caught in the wild, with only Cyndaquil (given), Vulpix (Silver only), Growlithe (Gold only) and Magby (can be given in an egg) being excluded). I'm pretty sure that is enough pokemon that can be caught lol

Quote:
-There really was no story, either. Team Rocket were still quite boring, in my opinion.
The storyline for every game is the same thing: Go collect the badges, catch all the pokemon, stop an evil organization and become the champion. While the second gen was the low end on 'evil organizations', it did have the strongest (true) champion of all games (Red).

Quote:
-No safari zone! Why not? While HG/SS had one, it wasn't nearly as interesting as Hoenn's or Kanto's.
I think there was a back story to the reason why he wasn't in this game

Sorry for the dissection of your reasoning but I had to defend gen 2 :D It's kind of my favorite generation lol Hopefully someone cares enough to dissect mine (even though it isn't even close to enough to dissect)

I consider the first generation the most overrated. Now, before you guys take out your pitch forks and tomatoes (I guess that is the things children use to humiliate people today), I (sort of) have my reasons.

1.The music. I hate the music to gen1 games (and its remakes). While I think all generations music is bad I think the first one takes the cake. It just sounds so high pitched (there were very few places that didn't seem high pitched to me) and I wish they would just stop with the music.

2.The story. It's not so much this generations story (even though it was basically the same as other games of its time (not the ones that came after it); Go find/collect stuff, fight (but with creatures cause human fighting is inhumane (irony and sarcasm wrapped into one)), beat the baddies (rival, evil organization that seems to have tons of money, gyms, E4, etc.) and become the BEST THERE EVER WAS!) as it was gamefreak using the EXACT story over and over until trying to reminisce about the great old times seems to have become boring.

3.My last one: The hype. I get that this generation is going to get TONS of love for being that awesome one that started everyone off to becoming a Pokemon Master but the overall hype it gets (even today) and hate it seems to have created is annoying (If you're wondering about that last part: Gen 1ners or whatever they're called). I've actually gotten into a verbal fight with a friend for them refusing to play past the first two generations (because they come in a package thanks to the connecting stories) but still rags on the rest of the generations like she knows what she is talking about, especially about the designs. We get that some looks are bad but think of the ones from gen 1/2.

Anywho, that's my 2 cent.

Username:
Thursday
Friend Safari:
Dark

Friend Code:
1006-0591-1577

Last edited by Thursday; March 24th, 2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Must edit my bad grammar @_@