View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:45 PM
faku1810

Here again, got a couple of questions for you, haha .. :p I'm on a hunt for the pokemon i missed catching the first time i went through sevii islands and right now i'm on Icefall Cave. According to bulbapedia (Icefall article) I should be able to find a sneasel as well as delibird (since your hack includes pokemon from both version), however, i haven't come across a single Sneasel in all the time i've been in the cave, not even with Sweet Scent, but i did find a fair ammount of Delibirds.

All the other "exclusives" like slowpoke/psyduck are found just well, but no matter how much i fish, i don't find krabby or kingler either (though kingler rate is pretty low, krabby has 80% with the Good rod) so i'm not sure if this is a problem with the hack or not.

On a side note, i found celebi and as it was level 7, i thought something that could be cool, but i don't know about hacking so i'm not sure if it would be possible to do: Apply some sort of post-catch event for high level legendary pokemon in which the player gets a message that they're trying to use "Regression", "Rebirth" or some other made-up ability that will made them go back to a low level with an appropriate move set and be prompted to stop them or let them do it; that way one could enjoy an epic and hard battle with high level legendaries and still choose if they want to train them from scratch after capture.

It's just something i thought because for me it IS rather dissapointing to catch a legendary like celebi with a Hypnosis + False Swipe + Ultraball combo, where the only difficulty lays on its catch-rate more than the battle itself. But i understand if my idea is a bit unrealistic or not so doable.

Edit: This would be useful even for Mew, so that it's a bit more challenging but still possible to re-train it from then on.

Last edited by faku1810; March 28th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.