View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Yeah, the difficulty really ramps up when you get into the later (and optional) grades of French. When you take a French university course, they start teaching from Ontario's Grade 9 French. And that's the only required one here. I don't think you learn much aside from passé composé in it, since it's assumed you know present tense (except no one does because no one takes French seriously until that grade since the curriculum doesn't take it seriously until then). Why does that happen then? There's absolutely no reason it can't happen while we're kids. It's better to learn languages when you're young anyway. After a certain age, it becomes really hard for us to learn pronunciations and even actual languages. Children are much, MUCH more receptive to languages when they are very young so French basics and vocab and pronunciation and all that should be taught as early as Kindergarten with grammar and more useful vocabulary in earlier grades to go with it.
I started Passé Composeé in like, 9th Grade here too, and I'm doing other tenses as well, like imparfait and futur proche, as well as futur simple. Except I get them confused on a regular basis lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Hey guys!

Alright, so Cosmotone8 has asked me to close this club as he wishes to leave PC and therefore won't be around to maintain it. I don't want to do that, because it's one of the more active clubs in the section and I think it would be a real shame to waste it. So, who wants it? As the four most active posters in the club, I'd like to see Team Fail, LilJz, TRIFORCE or Frostweaver take the reigns, but really it's up to you guys - I'll let you figure it out as a group and when it's been decided, someone shoot me a PM and I'll transfer the club over into their name! :)
I do have a lot of things I have to do, but if nobody else is willing (or unable) to, I can watch over it and whatnot.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world